Saturday 13 August 2011

Right Time, Right Place

Even the stork in the sky
Knows her seasons;
And the turtledove and the swift and the thrush
Observe the time of their migration;
But My people do not know
The ordinance of the LORD. Jer 8:7 North American Standard Bible


I dithered about going up to the Lockwood, I do that you know. The dithering led to indecision, indecision led to lethargy and finally inaction. Fortunately the inaction took place whilst staring out of my back window, even more fortunately that coincided with a Turtle Dove flying West. It’s the second year running that I have seen one on the patch, what’s worse is I think I am the only one who ever sees them on the patch. Years ago you wouldn’t bat an eyelid at seeing them, they used to breed even. Nowadays they are next to invisible, I really hope the decline can be halted as they are a cracking little bird. I hope I am actually with someone when I see one next year or I can see a certain dodgy reputation developing!

I also saw 4 Swifts going West shortly after. This morning a Mistle Thrush flew over so that just leaves the Stork....I’m watching and waiting.

As for the ordinance of the Lord, people just don’t get it, they will.

PW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reservoir Logs - March 24 round-up

                                                           Woodcock are an expected March maigrant pic @Elliott 1758817       A flock of Cro...