Sunday 25 January 2015

Flushing Meadows

I went down to the old pitch and putt course next to the WaterWorks in the hope of finding Skylark (as the place seems to have developed into ideal habitat for them), or possibly even a Little Owl.
Neither were there. I did flush a flock of around twenty Meadow Pipit, while I walked through the meadow. And then I flushed a Mike M, who pointed me in the direction of two Goldcrest.

Went into the WaterWorks and flushed two Kingfisher - oddly in the filter bed with the board walk.

I spent a bit of time trying to photograph the tit flocks, before heading over to the paddocks to find our Little Egret with an identity crisis was still mooching about, trying to work out if he's a horse, magpie or fieldfare.

GH @leevalleybirder

Mute Swan
Meadow Pipit meadow
Long-tailed Tit
Little Egret
Spot the Little Egret

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reservoir Logs - March 24 round-up

                                                           Woodcock are an expected March maigrant pic @Elliott 1758817       A flock of Cro...