Sunday 4 April 2010

The one that didn't get away

Yesterday we got a text from Mark Pearson about an Osprey flying North over Stoke Newington Res. It would almost certainly have been visible if someone had have been on Walthamstow Reservoirs but sadly it seemed we were all elsewhere. Lol was looking at the Ring Ouzel at Sewardstone as the Osprey headed toward Holyfield Marsh further up the Lea Valley. I should have been there but was delayed and so I missed it too.
Today however we had a second chance and Pete found an Osprey heading North over the High Maynard at about 16:55. Lol managed to get it from his house after a call. (As an aside I had probably the same bird heading South-west at 15:00, as I drove along the M25 toward the Chafford Hundred Alpine Swift, it came from Thorndon Park and flew toward Tyler's Common, if it continued it would have gone over Wanstead and then hit the valley around Leyton Marsh, just behind my house. I was looking when I got home but it got past me!) Well done Pete and Lol, anyone else get it?
PW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reservoir Logs - January 2024 round-up

                                       A Long-tailed Duck dropped onto No 4 for the afternoon pic @IvorHewstone          The first Long-tail...