Saturday 29 November 2014

Goldeneye and Common Sandpiper

Walthamstow Reservoirs - Lockwood and High Maynard. 

I walked up around west side of Lockwood, bumping into David, who told me about the female Goldeneye on the north western side. 


Then walked down the east side of Lockwood until the top of High Maynard.


Watched a Grey Wagtail feeding.


Then found two Common Sandpipers on the channel ramp of the east side of High Maynard (one that let me get quite close for some pics and a video).




After watching the Common Sandpiper, I noticed that David had tweeted about a Lapwing and a drake Goldeneye on West Warwick. Sadly, I had an appointment I had to keep and didn't have the time to get round there.

GH  @leevalleybirder

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reservoir Logs - March 24 round-up

                                                           Woodcock are an expected March maigrant pic @Elliott 1758817       A flock of Cro...