Sunday 15 February 2015

Stuck on Soixante Neuf

Given posts during the week, I did not set off around Lockwood just after 8 am with high hopes. Spirits were not exactly lifted either by a  depressingly grey morning and the absence of the long-staying drake Scaup at the south-west corner - and indeed the reservoir as a whole. It may finally have scarpered. All I had were two displaying Goldeneye although, thanks to some irregulars like Pheasant and Collared Dove (by the feeders just across the Lea if you are still looking Adam), I managed 44 species yet again before I crossed the road.  
             The other Scaup, however, remain with one immature drake on East Warwick and the female on West Warwick where the second male had been seen earlier but was missing when I walked around. I did see 2 Stonechats, a Wigeon and four Goldeneye with two Chiffchaffs in the bushes in the SW corner - two more were along the Lea. Three more Goldeneye were on No 5 along with a Common Sandpiper with TS having a second on High Maynard.
                By now, the sun had come out and it was a very pleasant day but I had no luck adding to my year list for the reservoirs which has been firmly stuck on 69 for several weeks. At least five species have been recorded on the reservoirs which I have not yet seen with the (still silent) Cetti's Warbler the most regular. And, of course, I read later on wiki that one had indeed been seen again on East Warwick.  
DB @porthkillier

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reservoir Logs - March 24 round-up

                                                           Woodcock are an expected March maigrant pic @Elliott 1758817       A flock of Cro...