Yesterday we got a text from Mark Pearson about an Osprey flying North over Stoke Newington Res. It would almost certainly have been visible if someone had have been on Walthamstow Reservoirs but sadly it seemed we were all elsewhere. Lol was looking at the Ring Ouzel at Sewardstone as the Osprey headed toward Holyfield Marsh further up the Lea Valley. I should have been there but was delayed and so I missed it too.
Today however we had a second chance and Pete found an Osprey heading North over the High Maynard at about 16:55. Lol managed to get it from his house after a call. (As an aside I had probably the same bird heading South-west at 15:00, as I drove along the M25 toward the Chafford Hundred Alpine Swift, it came from Thorndon Park and flew toward Tyler's Common, if it continued it would have gone over Wanstead and then hit the valley around Leyton Marsh, just behind my house. I was looking when I got home but it got past me!) Well done Pete and Lol, anyone else get it?
PW
Notes from the birders of Walthamstow Marshes SSSI, Walthamstow Reservoirs and WaterWorks Nature Reserve.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Reservoir Logs - September 2026 round-up
The Spotted Redshank spent the day in the flood relief channel pic @FelixSJ An obliging Spotted Redshank ...
-
A juvenile Honey Buzzard battling strong winds pic @eugenedh.bsky.social The first Honey ...
-
Osprey getting the usual warm Wetlands welcome pic @samodonnell25.bsky.social Osprey, Little Owl and, per...
-
The first Slavonian Grebe since 2018 was April's rarest sighting @samodonnell25.bsky.social Slavonian Grebe, S...
No comments:
Post a Comment