Wednesday 12 August 2015

Taking the Michahellis

As I approached Lockwood, a gentleman named Pete greeted me and asked me if I had seen anything around. I had just arrived so I hadn't, but he had just come down from Lockwood and had a Greenshank and a Black Tern. Both birds being a patch year tick. He stated that the Greenshank had dropped down onto the overflow channel and the Black Tern was fishing over the north end of Lockwood.

Not having either on my patch list and with the Black Tern being a lifer for me, I eagerly made haste onto the reservoir. I immediately picked the Black Tern up on my scope.

Black Tern 
I couldn't locate the Greenshank but I was more than happy with the Black Tern. 

I was later joined by Jonathan whom I explored High Maynard and East Warwick with. On East Warwick we picked up a juvenile Yellow-Legged Gull.

Yellow-legged Gull
Larus Michahellis

GH - @leevalleybirder

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reservoir Logs - February 2024 round-up

                                       A winter Bar-tailed Godwit is a genuine rarity in London pic @Chris_Farthing        A resting Bar-tai...