Saturday 28 March 2015

Patch Purgatory

On the Marshes:

Our confused little egret continues its personality crisis and tried to hang out with a mute swan on the flood relief channel this morning. The swan wasn't impressed.

Mute Swan trying to outstare a Little Egret
On the reservoirs:

Sensing a dull patch experience on the cards, I tried to make the most of it and got down level with an egyptian goose to flex my camera skills. It didn't quite know what to make of me, but was adamant that I wasn't going to be an obstacle along its feeding path and almost shooed me out of the way.

Egyptian Goose
"Excuse me. You're standing on my breakfast!"

Feeling in the groove with the getting down eye level with the birds thing, I snapped a Pied Wagtail  which are all looking spiffing in their crisp sum plum.

Pied Wagtail
I made it to Lockwood and feeling a bit unenthused by the apparent lack of new birds, I thought I might just scope the banks then head back, rather than plod on to the top. But I plodded on. And... nowt. 

But - when heading back - I saw a raptor quite low in the sky negotiating the wind westerly over the center of Lockwood. Bins up - a Red Kite. My first this year. 

GH - @leevalleybirder

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reservoir Logs - March 24 round-up

                                                           Woodcock are an expected March maigrant pic @Elliott 1758817       A flock of Cro...